NOW AVAILABLE from Centriforce Products is a range of LOCATA® non-adhesive, plastic, detectable tapes which are made from high quality polyethylene polymers for high visibility warning and protection of buried utilities. LOCATA detectable tapes have additonal stainless steel wires which are laminated between the polymer layers to provide maximum protection.
Detectable tapes are designed to be used where it is necessary, or desirable, for the tape to be detected on the surface by cable avoidance tools.
To ensure a good, continuous signal, it is recommended that the tapes are joined using crimps and a crimping tool which is also available from Centriforce. This provides better joint strength and, avoids problems when the trench is backfilled.
The detectable tapes are fully manufactured in the UK.
Centriforce is able to offer a bespoke service with tapes printed to your own design with specific warning messages.
- standard 150mm width
- 100m length rolls
- stainless steel wire(s) running in a wave (wavy) pattern along the tape length
- custom lengths, widths and overprinting available subject to order size
- water pipes
- gas mains
- fibre (fiber) optic cables
- sewer pipes
- other power cables
- high quality polyethylene / polypropylene polymers
- high visibility
- detectable using standard underground surveying tools
- custom text legends
- fully UK manufactured