We are looking for a Production Operator to join our busy production team. As a Production Operator, you will be responsible for undertaking a range of plastics processing operations and associated activities to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the Centriforce plant. Work to the highest standards in health and safety, quality, housekeeping and production, whilst looking for opportunities to improve our operational performance.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Safety, Health and Environmental
- Adhering to safety procedures at all times
- Being aware of all safety devices on the machine and safe way of working
- Completing near miss and accident reports
- Completing hourly check sheets consistently and accurately
- Conducting impact and quality tests
- Checking products are being made to the correct standard/specification.
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed accurately.
- Adherence to Visual Standards & One Point Lessons
- Running production lines
- Ensuring machines are running to the correct / optimised parameters
- Conducting effective handovers to the next team
- Assisting with Engineering requests and handovers
- Assisting with training of new operators and passing on relevant knowledge
- Involvement in product trials/projects
- Report machinery faults, processing limitations and improvement ideas
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Experience within the plastic extrusion industry (desirable)
- An ability to follow instruction and use initiative.
- A willingness to learn and undertake training to expand your knowledge and expertise.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Company Pension
- 20 days holiday and long service days
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Good transport links
Hours of work:
- Shift pattern: – 4 on 4 off, 2 days, 2 nights
Centriforce Product Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Download: Production Operator – January 2021
To apply for this role, please attach a current CV and covering letter below.