We are looking for a highly capable multi-skilled maintenance technician with a strong manufacturing background. Within this role, you will be required to provide engineering support to Operations as part of an engineering team. You will be tasked with preventative maintenance, fixing breakdowns, fault finding, and continuously improving plant performance, while maintaining and raising quality and safety standards. This is a challenging role in a fast-changing organisation, which will require a self-motivated and driven individual.
Knowledge and qualifications
- Educated to HNC/HND level in Mechanical/Electrical engineering disciplines.
- Electrically biased but with a sound understanding of mechanical engineering.
- C&G 2382-15 17th Edition.
- C&G 2394 Inspection and testing.
- IOSH Working safely.
- Siemens PLC experience essential.
- Experience of management systems especially ISO 9001 is desirable.
- Experience in the engineering/manufacturing industry is essential.
- LEAN qualification desirable.
- Fork Truck License desirable.
- Prior knowledge of plastic extrusion/blown film processes would be advantageous.
Skills and competencies
- Must have prior experience in a manufacturing/heavy engineering environment.
- Must have excellent organisational skills.
- Must have excellent computer and IT skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work on their own initiative to resolve queries and problems.
- Must have a track record in establishing good relationships with peers and colleagues.
- Must be a team player.
- 20 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Personal development plans in place for all employees
- Good transport links to and from work
- Investing in modern equipment and technology
- A growing and dynamic workforce
- Free onsite parking
Hours of work:
Shift pattern: – 4 x 12 hour shifts 4 days off.
Centriforce Product Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Download: Multi-Skill Technician – November 2020
To apply for this role, please attach a current CV and covering letter below.