We are looking for a highly capable mechanical maintenance technician with a strong manufacturing background. The primary focus for this role will be to carry our PPM activities in support of increasing machine availability. You will also be required to provide engineering support as part of the engineering team. You will be tasked with preventative maintenance, fixing breakdowns, fault finding, and continuously improving plant performance, while maintaining and raising quality and safety standards. This is a challenging role in a fast-changing organisation, which will require a self-motivated and driven individual.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry out PPM schedule on all site equipment mechanical and electrical.
- Ensure all site equipment is compliant with all HSE regulations.
- Actively promote a safe working culture and contribute to all SHE initiatives.
- Conduct inspections, testing, adjustment, and monitoring tasks as required to maintain factory efficiency.
- Conduct reactive asset maintenance.
- Support colleagues/departments with new equipment installation, projects and commissioning.
- Collaborate with the wider Engineering team on continuous improvement projects & equipment modifications.
- Implement engineering solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Knowledge and qualifications
- Educated to HNC/HND level in Mechanical engineering.
- Mechanically biased but with a sound understanding of Electrical engineering.
- C&G 2382-15 17th Edition is desirable but not essential.
- C&G 2394 Inspection and testing is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of management systems especially ISO 9001 is desirable.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing/heavy engineering environment essential
- LEAN qualification desirable.
- Fork Truck License desirable.
- Prior knowledge of plastic extrusion/blown film processes would be advantageous.
Skills and competencies
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have excellent organisational skills.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work with a degree of autonomy.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have good computer and IT skills.
- Pattern: Monday – Friday (39 hours)
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Company Pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Good transport links
Centriforce Product Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Download: Mechanical Maintenance Technician – March 2021
To apply for this role, please attach a current CV and covering letter below.