As Materials Buyer you will be responsible for sourcing competitive supply of all raw materials required to meet current and future production requirements, in addition, you will be responsible for the management of the associated supplier relations to ensure the delivery of the optimum quality, service and value to the business.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Managing the supply chain for key raw materials, including qualification of suppliers, replenishment strategies, negotiating contracts and resolving general conflicts with supply base.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing. Act to mitigate supplier cost increases, either through negotiation, delay of the increase or alternate supply.
- Plan, schedule and monitor the movement of material through to production schedules, adjusting as required.
- Negotiate, secure, and follow up on supplier commitment to ensure timely delivery of quality materials. Provide and maintain accurate and current status reports routinely, or independently, as the need arises.
- Prioritise and follow-up on material shortages to ensure timely delivery, minimising production slowdowns or work stoppages.
- Manage ongoing raw material stock levels within agreed targets and reduce dead stock.
- Ensure compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services.
- Variety of routine purchasing duties, such as, inputting purchase orders, correspondence, reports, expediting existing orders, coordinate return of incorrect material, etc.
- Analyse market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Independently troubleshoot discrepancies pertaining to purchase orders, requisitions, supplier delivers, prices, invoices, request for supplier quotes, quality assurance documents, contracts, and other purchasing actions.
- Work with Quality and R & D, evaluating the purchase and introduction of new items into the business.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience in supply chain, purchasing/procurement and/or contract management.
- Experience of tender process and bid management.
- Strong mathematical/ data analysis skills
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple assignments at any given time.
- Highly motivated, organised individual who can work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft Excel
- Experience in the plastics industry (Desirable)
- Purchasing CIPS qualification L3 or equivalent experience
Are you a Material Buyer with previous manufacturing experience? Are you a strong team player with a growth mindset, coupled with great communication and effective negotiation skills? If so, get in touch.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid working available
- Generous Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Learning & development opportunities
- Good transport links
Centriforce Product Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Download: Materials Buyer – May 2022
To apply for this role, please attach a current CV and covering letter below.