Working as part of a small but busy team, as Material Technologist you will support the Technical Manager in the day to day running of the Technical Department. Ensuring that all products used and manufactured meet the required technical standards and specification of our business and our customers. You will engage in new product research and development, working closely with the Production, Quality and Sales teams delivering new and improved products and material manufacturing techniques.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Ensure compliance to specification of raw products through regular product testing and monitoring
- Conduct material and product analysis in the materials testing laboratory and relay data and findings in technical report format.
- Inspecting and recording results for existing and new products to ensure conformity to customer specification
- Reporting issues to the Technical Manager and Quality Manager
- Carry out technical audits and audit reports as required and feedback to relevant departments
- Daily collation, review, and storage of process documentation
- Assist in Investigating and reporting of non-conformance issues
- Assist in 3rd party audits
- Ensure that you always work to the company safe working practices in the performance of your duties.
- Actively contribute to onsite health and safety initiatives and look to improve safety in your own area of work.
Are you a team player with excellent organisational skills, a can-do attitude and an appreciation of health and safety issues? If so, then get in touch. To succeed in this role, you will need the following:
- Degree in a science (chemistry) or engineering related subject or equivalent experience (desirable)
- Previous work experience within a technical/quality role preferably within manufacturing (desirable)
- GCSE or equivalent in English, Maths & Science A-C(essential)
- A willingness to learn and undertake further training and development activities to expand your technical knowledge. (essential)
- The ability to problem solve, think logically and produce results
- Team player with a hands-on attitude
- Excellent IT, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to analyse information with a strong attention to detail.
- Drive and enthusiasm to succeed
In addition, candidates must be committed to work to the company core values of honesty and integrity, teamwork, performance, personal accountability, and customer focus.
What we offer:
- 39 hours per week
- Generous Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Learning & development opportunities
- A growing and dynamic workforce
- Good transport links
Centriforce Product Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Download: Material Technologist – June 2022
To apply for this role, please attach a current CV and covering letter below.