As Production/Factory Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the manufacturing process including health, safety & environmental, Quality and consistency of production, production performance cost control, particularly surrounding materials control and labour utilisation and management. Your objectives are to develop your direct reports Shift Managers in line with the company objectives. Ultimately the deliverables are exemplary health & safety, quality, on time in full delivery at the right quality and cost.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that jobs are manufactured correctly, cost-effectively, and delivered on time.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure production output and on-time delivery.
- Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload to ensure production output and on-time delivery.
- Developing a positive culture of continuous improvement.
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance of H&S & Environmental Legislation
- Engage the manufacturing teams to participate and contribute towards improving site safety.
- Monitor, manage & drive improvement into all production KPI’s.
- Ensure nonvalue added activity is reduced in all processes by using lean / kaizen tools
- Developing a high-performance, trained and engaged workforce.
- Promoting and upholding company performance standards and core values
- Place the importance of Quality ahead of manufacturing output.
- Ensure quality and process control and documentation relating to such are adhered to.
- Ensure all recruitment is carried out in accordance with company procedure.
- Establish goals and objectives for self and team and implement accordingly.
Are you an experienced leader, committed to continuous improvement, and would like the opportunity to lead a team through a period of positive change and growth? Do you have a broad background in mechanical/production engineering/manufacturing, with a with wide range of knowledge on manufacturing and production processes? Do you have a working understanding of production planning & scheduling, stock and quality management systems? If this is the sort of challenge/career progression that you are looking for, get in touch!
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Previous experience in plastic extrusion related products (desirable)
- Production/Engineering Degree/ HNC qualified (essential)
- Six sigma trained (desirable)
- Experience of operating within the following management systems OHSAS 45001 H&S, ISO 9001:2008 Quality & ISO 14001 (essential)
- Possess a working understanding of leadership principles and management best practice.
- Ability to build a high-performance team.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Competency in basic MS Office applications – Outlook, Excel & Word.
Candidates must be committed to working to the company core values of honesty and integrity, teamwork, performance, personal accountability, and customer focus.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Learning & development opportunities
- Good transport links
Centriforce Product Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Download: Factory Manager – July 2021
To apply for this role, please attach a current CV and covering letter below.