As Buyer you will be responsible for providing support to meet business goals on inventory and service. You will support all purchasing/procurement activities to ensure that purchasing goods and services to the site are cost effective and at the required level to satisfy the needs of the factory.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning the purchase of goods and raw materials based on company supply chain requirements, and in line with company strategy.
- Issuing purchase orders in line with Purchasing Authority mandate.
- Monitoring deliveries and stock levels.
- Sourcing and qualifying best suppliers in terms of quality-cost ratio.
- Negotiate economic and contractual conditions, i.e., time, cost, quantities, delivery terms, SLAs and selection of the appropriate supplier.
- Supplier relationship management
- Monitor supplier performance.
- Conduct annual supplier status check.
- Monitor spend vs budgets. Ongoing cost control and cost saving activities and projects.
- Analyse market trends and pricing trends.
- Research and identify potential new suppliers.
- Set up and maintain Approved Supplier Lists
- Work with QA, SHE & Other Dept. Heads as necessary to determine and set the specification for goods and services.
- Work with Quality and R & D, evaluating the purchase and introduction of new items into the business.
- Produce reports on purchasing department activities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of transactions for accounting, audit and inventory control purposes.
Are you an experienced purchasing professional with previous manufacturing experience? Are you a strong team player with great communication and negotiation skills ready for your next challenge? If so, get in touch.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- General purchasing experience of tender process and bid management.
- Data analysis skills
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple assignments at any given time.
- Highly motivated, organised individual who can work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft Excel
- Experience in the plastics industry
- CIPS qualification
Centriforce Product Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Download: Buyer – February 2021
To apply for this role, please attach a current CV and covering letter below.